Patient Participation Group
Virtual PPG - Mental Health Survey
Sign Up To Our Virtual Patient Participation Group
Terms of Reference
Title of The Group
The Group shall be called Coleridge Medical Centre (CMC) Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The Group is affiliated to the National Association for Patient Participation (N.A.P.P.) and guided by the Rules of the said charity and the Patient Participation Directed Enhanced Service.
To promote the cooperation between all CMC patients together with the NHS NEW Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to the benefit of all concerned.
- To assist the CMC in improving services to patients acting in an advisory capacity.
- To represent patient views and improve communication between patients and the CMC.
- To receive comments about the CMC and assist in responding to them
- To express opinions on behalf of patients in regard to CMC policies
- To provide advice to CMC in regard to the implications of the results of Patient Surveys
- To advise CMC on the education needs of the patient community in regard to preventative medicine, healthy lifestyle choices, appropriate use of healthcare services and any other areas to improve the health of the patient community and the efficient use of medical resources.
- To undertake fundraising activities if appropriate.
The PPG’s activities will be co-ordinated by a Committee of volunteers and invited members. To facilitate operational efficiency the size of the group will be limited to 12 volunteer members plus one clinical and one managerial representative from the Practice giving a maximum total of 14 members. This will be reviewed annually.
The PPG will meet at least 4 times a year with an AGM held each April at which officers – Chair and Secretary will be elected – and if appropriate a Treasurer.
At the meetings of the Group - 5 members plus one officer shall constitute a quorum.
The PPG will be guided by CMC representatives at the meetings. CMC will keep the PPG informed of its policies and decisions relating to patients and NEW Devon CCG.
Meetings will be run in accordance with agreed Meeting Ground Rules. Agendas will be published in advance followed by publication of brief notes (not detailed minutes) recording key action points and decisions. The latter will be displayed on appropriate notice boards, surgery waiting rooms and the practice website. The notes will not include confidential matters. It is understood that such matters and discussion are not to be shared outside the meeting.
As agreed at the committee meeting on 18th Sept 2018
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.